CDS and SSDs

Posted almost 3 years ago by James Lytle

Post a topic
J
James Lytle

Currently CDS writes a temporary file 'CCLDiskBuffer-17664-483-0000000034CED428' to

C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Local\Temp

With the use of SSDs at the primary disk, this causes an extreme amount of writes to the SSD, seriously decreasing its life span. My SSD went down to 27% health in less than a year, should last at least four or five years. Several months ago I moved my user temp files to a physical HDD. SSD life has remained at 27% since then.

Request CDS have an option to relocate CCLDDiskBuffer files to another location.

Jim Lytle

1 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
M

Mirco Persechino posted almost 3 years ago

Hi James,

I just created a ticket for you and we will take note of the feature request for future improvements. Thanks for your suggestion!

0 Votes

J

James Lytle posted over 2 years ago

An update.

I recently had several system issues and the last time I rebooted, CDS couldn't find the index. I ended up with recreating the index. After that there were not any more issues with CDS constantly writing a CLLDiskBuffer file. It only writes occasionaly.

Apparently there was some kind of index corruption. It would be good to have this in the knowledge base should it happen to someone else.

0 Votes

J

JOACHIM VON MEYER posted almost 2 years ago

same problem here. After rebooting CDS cannot find the Index. Any solution yet?

0 Votes

M

Mike Cottle posted 4 months ago

Just wondering if this is going to be addressed. I haven't found any recent information on it.

0 Votes

J

Janucki Grzegorz posted 4 months ago

ropie sprawe sotowom wam

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment