Gmail search

Publié sur 3 ans il y a par  Barry Demchak

Publier un sujet
B
Barry Demchak

Hi ... this is a weird request, but makes sense when you think about it.

I have noticed that v7 has apps that search cloud storage. Fine.

It would be very handy to have a search for gmail messages separate from messages downloaded into Outlook/IMAP.

If I have a ton of older messages in gmail, I don't necessarily want them in my Outlook IMAP cache because the total storage could easily reach 100GB, which is a burden on the disk and also slows Outlook down.

So, for such e-mails, leaving them without labels (or with labels that aren't subscribed to) on gmail is perfect. It leaves seldom-used e-mails on gmail, where they're safe enough but don't impact client performance.

I still want to search them, though ... and right now, I have to go to gmail.com to do that.

6 Votes

8 Commentaires

Triés par
N

Nick Moffitt publiés 15 jours il y a

There's really still no way to search gmail? That's crazy. So what we have to connect the gmail api to cloud storage and have them automatically syced to the cloud for them to be indexed?

0 Votes

L

Lee Belbin publiés 6 mois il y a

I also wonder why the advertised best search product doesn't support one of the most common email services: gmail. I presume nothing has advanced on this? I can't see anything specific in the add-ons.

0 Votes

m

marita schultze publiés environ 1 an il y a

I am the most happy Copernic search user - and with this feature, my world would be perfect. 

Thanks team Copernic for doing always an amazing job. 

Cheers from Switzerland

Marita 

0 Votes

Matthias Thorner

Matthias Thorner publiés sur un an il y a

Most of us check Gmail directly in a browser and not in a local Outlook or Thunderbird copy. This feature would reduce the local storage size significantly, as nobody wants to have 30.000 or more emails locally.

2 Votes

R

Richard Driscoll publiés sur un an il y a

I also want like to search gmail  and contacts. Please 

1 Votes

C

Con Klafas publiés presque 2 ans il y a

I would also like to search my gmails

1 Votes

j

johnmhine69@gmail.com publiés environ 2 ans il y a

This would be a great feature.  I have years and years of old gmails.  It would be great to search them rapidly.

Typical searches are for products that I've purchased or bills that have already been paid.

Thanks

J Hine

3 Votes

K

Kenny Kirkendall publiés environ 3 ans il y a

Excellent idea, and Barry's right.  If I can search cloud storage, I should be able to search Gmail. 

3 Votes

Connexion ou S'inscrire pour poster un commentaire