Update the index for a specific folder

Posted almost 4 years ago by Phil St-Amour

Post a topic
P
Phil St-Amour

It would be useful to have: the ability to update the index for a specific folder with the option to include its sub-folders. Maybe this could be included in the menu that pops up on a right click of the folder in the Windows File Explorer (below)?

I am using Windows 10.

8 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
N

Nicholas Deinhardt posted about 3 years ago

I also believe this would be a good  feature.

1 Votes

M

MARK LYNAM posted over 3 years ago

Plus one.

0 Votes

Brian L Dole

Brian L Dole posted over 3 years ago

Yes. Desirable feature.

0 Votes

G

Guido von Gösseln posted over 3 years ago

I just want to add "my support" for this idea. It´s really a feature that i am missing.

0 Votes

T

Tomasz Gołaszewski posted over 3 years ago

Copernic development is very static ...

0 Votes

L

Larry Edwards posted over 3 years ago

Yes!  I have asked for this "right-click to update folder" feature several times before, over the years I have been using CDS.

I only today discovered the "Index Priority" setting for specific folders. That's nice to have and helps somewhat, but it's insufficient with respect to this feature request because: (1)  the priority doesn't take effect until a new index update is performed, and (2) it isn't instantaneous.

What's needed in a right-click feature is for it to immediately suspend whatever indexing is being preformed (either the initial indexing or an update), jumping that queue, and for that prior indexing to be resumed after the specifically requested indexing has been completed.

3 Votes

T

Tomasz Gołaszewski posted almost 4 years ago

it would be great

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment