OneDrive extension triggering massive automatic downloads

Posted over 2 years ago by Mark Whitworth

Post a topic
Un Solved
M
Mark Whitworth

I actually hope this is a problem, or user error on my part, because I don't think I can use it if this is by design.  I have a large amount of files - many big - associated with my work Onedrive account.  I have Onedrive set to only pull them down when I open them, except for a few select directories I always need offline.  I understood that Copernic was using an API to index online files and that that's what I'm paying for in the extension, as if it can only index local files then the ones I need local are already there so why would I need the Onedrive extension?  Anyway, I'm hoping someone here can shed light on this for me, because I can't have Copernic downloading several hundred GB of files for no reason.

1 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
K

Kassem El Masry posted 12 months ago

I want to stop it, once I block the app the hole system crash

0 Votes

C

Cato Støbakk Fostervoll posted about 1 year ago

Is this problem solved?  Anyone who could inform us?

0 Votes

C

Craig H posted about 2 years ago

This is insane. Unfortuntly, this rules out copernic for me....it is killing my PC

0 Votes

M

Mr John Adams posted over 2 years ago

Same problem for me, happens everytime they release a new update, full of bugs

0 Votes

D

David Seidman posted over 2 years ago

i have the same issue... i did not catch whether the files were marked 'cloud only' which I do not believe is the case.. 

0 Votes

G

Graham Jones posted over 2 years ago

I'm having the same problem. It seems to have started with Version 8. Prior to this, OneDrive indexing worked perfectly. It looks like Version 8 wants the files on the local computer to index them, which defeats the entire object of having Outlook.

The only answer is to go back to the previous version until Copernic sorts this out.

1 Votes

M

MARK LYNAM posted over 2 years ago

Agreed--- I started seeing downloads from directories & files that were marked 'cloud only'.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment