Start a new topic

How to make newly added files jump the queue?

I am two weeks into a complete re-indexing, which is still on-going.

New files that I added to my "working" directory are not showing up in the index yet, and are apparently somewhere at the bottom of the queue list.

I presume that CDS takes note of newly added,  modified or moved files.  But I am unable find, with a CDS search, such files that I have recently done such operations on. Is there a setting to make CDS index files as soon as they are added, modified or moved -- that is, to "jump the queue" of an index building or updating that is already under way?

(Concerning my "working" directory in particular, a week ago I gave it priority for indexing, but the instructions say the priority doesn't kick in until the next index update. So that isn't helping in my situation.)

1 Comment

Here is a screenshot to illustrate the problem. It shows an @All search for all the files in my index. The oldest indexed file is from five days ago, August 24. However, I created or added a at least 200 files since then. None of those have been indexed.

But files a user adds, creates, modifies, moves or deletes should be given an immediate priority  for indexing -- at least that is my opinion, and I think it makes sense.

Login or Signup to post a comment