CDS and SSDs

Publié presque 3 ans il y a par  James Lytle

Publier un sujet
J
James Lytle

Currently CDS writes a temporary file 'CCLDiskBuffer-17664-483-0000000034CED428' to

C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Local\Temp

With the use of SSDs at the primary disk, this causes an extreme amount of writes to the SSD, seriously decreasing its life span. My SSD went down to 27% health in less than a year, should last at least four or five years. Several months ago I moved my user temp files to a physical HDD. SSD life has remained at 27% since then.

Request CDS have an option to relocate CCLDDiskBuffer files to another location.

Jim Lytle

1 Votes

5 Commentaires

Triés par
J

Janucki Grzegorz publiés 5 mois il y a

ropie sprawe sotowom wam

0 Votes

M

Mike Cottle publiés 5 mois il y a

Just wondering if this is going to be addressed. I haven't found any recent information on it.

0 Votes

J

JOACHIM VON MEYER publiés presque 2 ans il y a

same problem here. After rebooting CDS cannot find the Index. Any solution yet?

0 Votes

J

James Lytle publiés sur 2 ans il y a

An update.

I recently had several system issues and the last time I rebooted, CDS couldn't find the index. I ended up with recreating the index. After that there were not any more issues with CDS constantly writing a CLLDiskBuffer file. It only writes occasionaly.

Apparently there was some kind of index corruption. It would be good to have this in the knowledge base should it happen to someone else.

0 Votes

M

Mirco Persechino publiés presque 3 ans il y a

Hi James,

I just created a ticket for you and we will take note of the feature request for future improvements. Thanks for your suggestion!

0 Votes

Connexion ou S'inscrire pour poster un commentaire