A feature to re-index a specified folder is needed.

Publié environ 2 mois il y a par  Larry Edwards

Publier un sujet
L
Larry Edwards

A new feature is needed, to re-index a specified folder instead of having to use the existing "Clear Index and Re-index All" feature. (Re-indexing everything on my computer takes several days, which is unacceptable when only minor re-indexing is needed.)

Here is my example of the problem (see attachment).  In the parent folder "News & LTEs" (green bar near the top) I have folders for many years of files. All of the files are newly created, with a current (2024) date. In the selected 2009 folder (for example) I have 50 files that had a 2024 date when originally moved there, and CDS indexed them using that date. In the 2009 folder (and all the other folders for the other years), I then reset the file "creation" and "last modified" dates to the actual month, day and year for each of those news article files. 

However, CDS is not triggered to automatically reindex the files when their dates are changed (it does so only if the file content is changed). What I need to be able to do is, using "News & LTEs" as the search system folder, to search all of the year folders and have results that I can sort via the CDS Date column. This does not work, because CDS thinks the dates for all of the files is the 2024 date.

A solution to this dilemma would be a new feature for the user (within a file manager) to Right-Click a folder a folder and have a menu choice to either "Re-index the root folder" or "Re-index the root and sub folders."

As you can see in the attachment there is already a CDS right-click menu to which those commands could be added. The screenshot is of the file manager I use, Dopus (Directory Opus, by GP Software).

(And BTW, the existing right-click "Add folder" commands don't seem to do anything, and are not explained in Copernic's online knowledgebase.)

Pièces jointes (1)

0 Votes

0 Commentaires

Connexion ou S'inscrire pour poster un commentaire