Copernic 7.2.0 crashes after Win 10 updates April 2021

Publié presque 3 ans il y a par  Richard Beneke

Publier un sujet
Non résolus
R
Richard Beneke

We have Copernic v 7.2.0 build 13955 running on Lenovo desktop and Win 10 Pro 10.0.19041.

Been using Copernic for years, generally ok.

During last week, after Win updates, Copernic is unstable and crashes after a few clicks on the UI.

Copernic is set to start when Windows starts, and when clicking on the system tray icon, Copernic shuts down.

Event log has the message

Faulting application name: Copernic.DesktopSearch.exe, version: 7.2.0.13955, time stamp: 0x605c79c7
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.906, time stamp: 0x2f2f77bf
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034b59
Faulting process ID: 0x14a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d73819ed553555
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Copernic\DesktopSearch\Copernic.DesktopSearch.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

5 Votes

5 Commentaires

Triés par
M

Mirco Persechino publiés sur 2 ans il y a

Exactly. Reinstalling is sometimes the best bet you can try on your side. Windows updates are sometimes unpredictable and can change various settings which affects other softwares.

No need for a complete reinstall nor re-building the entire index. A simple uninstall (with keeping your index and settings) and reinstalling solves a majority of similar issues.

0 Votes

R

Richard Beneke publiés sur 2 ans il y a

Max gave us a solution which was to reinstall Copernic. 

The solution worked perfectly.

About a week ago after a Windows update, various things stopped working, including Copernic. 

Again after a reinstall, Copernic is now working fine. 

I just needed to be patient during the reinstall, because Copernic plugins took about an hour to initialise before the window was unlocked for use.

0 Votes

M

Mirco Persechino publiés sur 2 ans il y a

Hi Joseph,

I think you should contact us directly for that kind of issue instead of the forum. This isn't a wide-known problem for a specific Copernic version to behave like that on Windows 10. 

There's a lot of factor that can come into place like : processor type, antivirus software, hard drive, windows version, windows updates, .net component. So the best thing to do is to contact our support team through a ticket and we'll investigate.

If your Copernic starts then shuts down automatically, there must be a trace in a log file that could help understand what's going on.

0 Votes

J

Joseph Ross publiés sur 2 ans il y a

Just curious to see if this is still being addressed. For me, Copernic starts, runs for some time, then quietly shuts itself down and has to be restarted. I'm running 7.2.0 Build 14055.  My renewal is coming up and while I'm a long time user, I'm not sure that I want to pay for something that doesn't fulfil its purpose.  

Cheers

1 Votes

M

Mirco Persechino publiés presque 3 ans il y a

Hi Richard,

We created a ticket for you about this issue. We'll get in touch with you shortly.

Thanks!

0 Votes

Connexion ou S'inscrire pour poster un commentaire