what happens to indexes if I move files to another directory

Publié environ 2 mois il y a par  Mondry Tv

Publier un sujet
M
Mondry Tv

What happens to indexes if I move files to another directory? Do I need to re-index?

Why does the application have to index the whole thing first, for me it takes a very long time.

For a very long time, i.e. for several weeks, the whole thing has not been indexed despite leaving the laptop on (without going to sleep) for several nights. Perhaps this is due to the large number of photos and the program searches for text in them. Since I'm still waiting for the whole thing to be indexed, my search is incomplete. It should be possible to interrupt, let's call it the main (entire) indexing, enable indexing of a given directory and then enable indexing of the entire directory again, for example for the next night. 

Is it possible to copy already made indexes, e.g. when transferring data to another computer, or will the program index from the beginning?

I wonder if I will live to see the end of indexing, just in case I accept your wishes for a long life.

Regards

Arthur

0 Votes

2 Commentaires

Triés par
Amy Renaud

Amy Renaud publiés 24 jours il y a Administrateur

Thank you for reaching out! 

Location is one of the main file properties, so files that are moved appear as new files to the index. While it is possible to copy already made indexes, it requires a manual edit of config files for the Windows user path and is not recommended for the average user. 

If you would like to make changes to your scheduled Indexing, open Tools, followed by Options

Scroll down to Indexing & Performance, select the Category you would like to Schedule and select Modify

Make your desired changes and select OK

Exit the page and the program to save your changes. 

0 Votes

B

Bearth Thomas publiés environ 1 mois il y a

I have exactly the same problem. TB

0 Votes

Connexion ou S'inscrire pour poster un commentaire