Copernic version 5 suddenly stop working

Posted 8 months ago by SCS66

Post a topic
Solved
S
SCS66

It worked fine a week ago, now the program won't start.

No error message, nothing.

Have license, but doesn't ask for it

Multiple reboots, un- and re-install , with or without keeping index, etc.

Logs were delete while un-installing? 

Only now CdsInstall.log:  MSI (c) (C8:D0) [19:04:25:544]: Product: Copernic Desktop Search 5 -- Installation completed successfully.

.NET: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.dll : version 4.8.9176.0

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
Amy Renaud

Amy Renaud posted 7 months ago Admin

Unfortunately CDS 5 no longer works with Windows 11 22H2 (and some Windows 10 versions) since Microsoft changed something that CDS 5 may have been using when it was programmed many years ago. There's nothing we can do because of this as CDS 5 is a deprecated product and is no longer updated and we have no way of testing this anymore.

We currently have a promotion for discounted upgrades. If you would like to take advantage of this promotion, please reach out to us at sales@copernic.com and we will confirm whether the promotion is still available and send you a purchase link/coupon code. 

0 Votes

C

Cenap Boztepe posted 8 months ago

Which Windows update do you mean? Can you please name the mentioned updatens?

0 Votes

T

TI SA posted 8 months ago

Confirmation, it's one August 2023 Windows update who block Copernic to start.

Now my 2 computer have Copernic back, I find/removed the update who blocked it.

0 Votes

T

TI SA posted 8 months ago

I guess that Copernic know about it.

I had the exact same problem in my notebook right after a Windows update. I was using copernic then I get a windows update and restart then copernic did not started anymore, I delete right away the update, then it worked again after reboot.

In my computer I got the same problem yesterday, but unfortunately it seem the removal of some KB update did not helped yet.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment