Cannot preview ANY files

Posted about 1 month ago by Randy G Garland

Post a topic
Solved
R
Randy G Garland

I used to be able to preview most files, but right now, I am stuck at not being able to preview ANY files whatsoever.  I did read and follow the recommendation from this post, but that did not help.  Whenever I click to view any file, I get the error message "This document cannot be previewed"   Any other recommendations would be great.

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
R

Randy G Garland posted about 1 month ago

Yes, thank you for posting.  This problem was certainly not documented anywhere, so posting the solution here is great.  And a bit of additonal information:  The failure for me, in particular, was in the \Temp folder located here:  %LOCALAPPDATA%\Copernic\Index\Temp. 

0 Votes

Amy Renaud

Amy Renaud posted about 1 month ago Admin

I see Tony from Technical Support worked with you on this via our messaging system. I will post the final suggestion that helped you preview your files in case others are experiencing the same situation: 

Copernic must have write access to his configuration, index and temp folder at all times for it to work properly.  

There was a bit of back and forth to arrive at this solution and our Technical Support agents are happy to look into specifics of individual cases at support@copernic.com if additional information is needed. 

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment