Many things can explain why you cannot find a specific file. Look for these common things :
- It might be in a different search category.
- It may not be indexed yet. Wait a few minutes for the real-time indexing process to pick it up.
- Files in this search category might not be indexed at all. Verify that the files are indexed and if they are not make all required changes.
- The file format is not indexed. Verify that this file extension is indexed. If the file extension is not in the list, add it.
- It was on a removable media. (Files located on CDs, DVDs and removable drives are indexed but are deleted from the index when the media is replaced or if the drive changes letter in Windows).