In the Options window, the Files tab displays the list of folders to index, and those excluded. The first part of the list indicates the name or complete path to each folder to index and the types of files to index (documents, music, pictures and/or videos), under the File Types column. The lower part of the list displays folders excluded. As excluded folders are never indexed, the File types column displays nothing for each specified folder. The Index Action column indicates if the subfolders for this folder are indexed or not.
Local and network drives, external hard drives and specific files or folders can be added, excluded or removed. Also, targeted file types can be easily modified.
To modify the indexing parameters of a drive or folder:
- In the Tools menu, click Options...
- Select the Files tab.
- Select the drive or folder in the list.
- To change the drive or folder path, click Modify.
- Type the folder path or browse to the folder you want to modify using the "..." button.
- Note: If you select a folder using the browsing window, the option will be automatically modified after clicking on the OK button. You can change other options afterwards.
- Click on the File Type cell from the path you want to modify. Change options and click elsewere in the window to confirm selection.
- Note: You can check or uncheck them all. If you uncheck all file types the folder will be added as an excluded folder since no file type are selected.
- Click on the Index Action cell from the path you want to modify and select desired action. Click elsewere in the window to confirm selection.
- Note: If you select the Skip All action the folder will be added as an excluded folder.
- Click Back to main view or Escape key to confirm and close the Options window.