In the Options window, the Files tab displays the list of folders to index, and those excluded. The first part of the list indicates the name or complete path to each folder to index and the types of files to index (documents, music, pictures and/or videos), under the File Types column. The lower part of the list displays folders excluded. As excluded folders are never indexed, the File types column displays nothing for each specified folder. The Index Action column indicates if the subfolders for this folder are indexed or not.
Local and network drives, external hard drives and specific files or folders can be added, excluded or removed. Also, targeted file types can be easily modified.
To exclude a drive or folder:
- In the Tools menu, click Options...
- Select the Files tab.
- Click Add. A new line will appears at the bottom of the list.
- Click on the Index Action cell from the newly added path and select Skip all action. Click elsewere in the window to confirm selection.
- Type the folder path or browse to the folder you want to exclude using the "..." button.
- Click Back to main view or Escape key to confirm and close the Options window.