Invalid License Keys

Publié presque 4 ans il y a par  Julian Grenfell

Publier un sujet
Résolu
J
Julian Grenfell

On booting my computer I get a panel that says 'Invalid License Keys'.  As I have recently renewed my subscription, I import the saved .lic file and the panel goes away, only to reappear next time I boot.  what is happening?

0 Votes

20 Commentaires

Triés par
M

Mirco Persechino publiés presque 4 ans il y a

Hi Julian,

Thanks for posting on our new Community Forum! Guess what: You're our first guest :-)

I would recommend not to post any attachment with your personal informations on the forum as it could be used against your will. So I went forward and removed the attachment from your post.

A support ticket has been created to help you with this issue and we'll get in touch shortly to solve your problem.

On renewals, licenses are sometimes modified so you'll need to make sure to import the latest licenses for your Copernic Desktop Search.

Thanks again for being our first user to post on this new Community Forum! A warm welcome from the Copernic Support Team! :-)

0 Votes

F

Frank B. publiés presque 4 ans il y a

Same with me here (Windows 10). The new license file is already stored under 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Copernic\DesktopSearch\x64\license\licenseKeys.lic

from where I have to reimport the license after every reboot. This is somewhat annoying and I am looking forward to a solution...

0 Votes

M

Mirco Persechino publiés presque 4 ans il y a

Hi Frank,

Apparently, we have an issue with our registration server right now which is causing problems with online authentication and offline activations too.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience and I wanted to let you know our technical support is currently working hard in order to resolve this issue.

We'll let you know as soon as possible when situation is back to normal so you can retry your authentication online.

If problem still persist after, I'll suggest to contact us through a ticket so we can dig further into this issue with you.

Thanks very much for your understanding. I'll stay in touch to keep you updated!
Kind regards,

0 Votes

A

Adrian Blockley publiés presque 4 ans il y a

Hi Max,  We've been having similar issues with the server editions clients. We've paid for nine seats for the client version but only 1 key is working.   

Is the registration server still an issue?

I have a support ticket in but I've not had much success so far and my colleagues have been unable to search our server.  I'm the fortunate one with the working client key...

Regards

Adrian   

0 Votes

G

Gilles Thieffry publiés presque 4 ans il y a

I have exactly the same problem. The error message also states "use the renew link to update"...but there is no "renew link on the error message. Where is it? I have no issue in you protecting your product (a very good product), but not at the cost of annoying your customers that may dread (like me) that they may have to uninstall and resinstall (in my case I have over 400,000 documents indexed so it takes a few days to do that).

Please correct this glitch as this software is expensive enough to expect not to be disturbed by protective measures.

Kind regards

0 Votes

m

marita schultze publiés presque 4 ans il y a

same issue on my side - please advice 

0 Votes

K

Khaled Elsaadouny publiés presque 4 ans il y a

لدي المشكلة الأخيرة ذاتها .. أرجو الحل سريعا

0 Votes

S

Skinners of Oxted publiés presque 4 ans il y a

Me too

0 Votes

L

Lon Maenen publiés presque 4 ans il y a

My license key is not accepted 

0 Votes

L

Lon Maenen publiés presque 4 ans il y a

0 Votes

Z

Zailig pollock publiés sur 3 ans il y a

I continue to get an expired or invalid license message every couple weeks which means I have to re-index. This is very inconvenient. My licenses are all valid until April of 2021. I have sent several e-mails to this effect and have received no answers. I attach the most recent message which refers to Microsoft extensions. Other messages refer to all of the extensions for which I have valid licenses.

0 Votes

F

Frank B. publiés sur 3 ans il y a

My problem seemed to be solved by uninstalling Copernic, deleting the whole index (while leaving the custom settings like which files and drives to index on the computer), downloading the newest version als "trial" from the website and activating it with my license keys. Then of course you have to reindex everything, which takes around 3 - 4 days in my configuration with about half a milion files. I have been using Copernic for 2 weeks now without re-entering my registration keys - hopefully it stays that way...

0 Votes

M

Michele Patella publiés sur 3 ans il y a

how is this situation resolved? thanks

0 Votes

m

marita schultze publiés sur 3 ans il y a

works perfect for me - no more issues - same process like Frank B. recommended 

0 Votes

M

Mirco Persechino publiés sur 3 ans il y a

Hi,

If you have this issue appearing stating that an error occured with one or more of your licenses, it may just means that the license server wasn't able to validate your license at a specific time. Just click on the refresh button and it should now be able to validate your license and let you continue using your extensions. 

It shouldn't remove anything from your index unless the validation stay on an error state

0 Votes

R

Robert Gaillard publiés presque 3 ans il y a

BJ je n'ai pas mon N° de licence merci de me le transmettre pour installer le produit

0 Votes

R

Robert Gaillard publiés presque 3 ans il y a

il me manque mon n ° de licence merci de me le transmettre

0 Votes

T

Thomas Rauner publiés environ 2 ans il y a

I have purchased four licenses with 6 seats at the moment, and the yearly renewal disaster ist worse than ever. Even if a computer has accepted the renewal, there is no guarantee that it will refuse to work upon next reboot: "Some license keys have expired or are in an invalid state", "Maximum number of authentications exceeded". There is no remedy on side of the customer, you always have to email and wait, until you can go on with your work.

Reliable software does not behave like this. Very disappointing; I am sorry for the help desk staff.

0 Votes

P

Philip Latham publiés 6 mois il y a

I have also joined this club of people who didn't expect to become IT experts to roll from one years subscription to another , Though I can see that i have paid with Paypal I cannot see licences 

0 Votes

Amy Renaud

Amy Renaud publiés 6 mois il y a Administrateur

Hi Philip, 

Due to the individual nature of your situation, I have sent your license via a private platform rather than including your license information in a public forum. For questions that involve your personal information, we strongly suggest you reach out to us by email at support@copernic.com. 

0 Votes

Connexion ou S'inscrire pour poster un commentaire