How do I need to configure Copernic to hve Outlook mails indexed on appearance in the Inbox?

Posted 8 months ago by Stephan

Post a topic
Solved
S
Stephan

Hi there, I use the trial version of Copernic (downloaded and installed on the 8. August). The initial creation oif the index took quite long, which is OK. Now I saw, that new incoming emails will be obviously not be indexed in real time when they appear in Outlook (365, actual version).

In Copernic the "Native Plugin" is being set for Outlook. In the status line it's being mentioned that "Indexing will resume after 2 minutes of idle time". When I wait for two minutes (doing nothing), Copernic is not resuming anything.

W/o real time indexing I won't purchase ... because it's useless for me.

Thanks for any meaningful hint.

Stephan

0 Votes

1 Comments

Amy Renaud

Amy Renaud posted 6 months ago Admin

Hi there, 

I see Tony from Technical Support responded via our ticketing system but I wanted to share his response here in case it helps others. 

We suggest you do not set Emails or any checking to be every 1 minute. That will create a loop and it can corrupt your indexing queue. Set that to once every 6 hours maybe but not every minute.

As for the Unrestricted setting, it's in the menu Tools > Indexing Performance > Unrestricted

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment