8.0 New Features?????

Publié sur 2 ans il y a par  Alan Dumoff

Publier un sujet
Non résolus
A
Alan Dumoff

The upgrade to 8.0 said that it does not require reindexing but then when you upgrade it says your index is obsolete, you only get new features if you reindex (which takes my computer about 4 days, I just went through this because the license renewal is so bungled every year).

So an accurate heads up would be nice and what new features? I can't find a discussion of them so have no idea if it is worth it.

Seems pretty sloppy...

1 Votes

7 Commentaires

Triés par
A

Alan Reiss publiés sur 2 ans il y a

i had an crash exception dump which i sent with log files to developers this am, it was reindexing and at about 890,000 of 3.,4 millions items to index based on version 7. i restarted and at 1 million and chugging along

0 Votes

P

Phil St-Amour publiés sur 2 ans il y a

Upgraded to 8.0 today (Sept 4th). Got the message that the index would be converted to the new format and re-indexing was not required. CDS then started to update the entire index and progress was extremely slow. I confirmed that .NET Framework 4.8 was installed and it was. I restarted the PC (did not wait for the entire index to be updated) and I got the upgrade notification from CDS again. I did the update again. This time the re-indexing proceeded very quickly and is done showing 100% in both the indicators at bottom right for folders and files. All of the possible categories to display are indexed including Outlook email. All of my settings were preserved this time! Yeah!

0 Votes

M

MARK LYNAM publiés sur 2 ans il y a

Here's a link to the page listing features/fixes:

https://copernic.com/en/desktop/release/

I'm skittish about upgrading, too.

0 Votes

J

Jonathan Kroner publiés sur 2 ans il y a

Same problem. When I "upgraded" it reindexed. I left the computer on until it was 100%.  

Then when I restarted the computer it started to re-index from scratch.  

0 Votes

D

Darryl Bellamy publiés sur 2 ans il y a

Mine will take 4 days too and very disappointed about that. Even more disappointed as it seems stuck on "Configuring enabled extensions. Please wait...." see attached screen shot. Does anyone know how long I have to wait

Pièces jointes (1)

0 Votes

A

Alan Dumoff publiés sur 2 ans il y a

How can we revert, can someone post that please.

The display is more difficult to read, still testing seeming bugs but would rather just revert.

(Robert, can't see your attachment, resolution too small....)

0 Votes

R

Robert A Gregory publiés sur 2 ans il y a

I had the same issue with the index.  I have also noticed that when searching, the display initially shows (see the attachment) before actually displaying any results.  This is NOT an improvement,  I will be reverting back to 7.x ASAP.

Pièces jointes (1)

0 Votes

Connexion ou S'inscrire pour poster un commentaire