It is possible to transfer your license but since our licensing is on a "per computer basis".
Only one computer can be registered.
If you need to replace your computer:
- Uninstall Copernic Desktop Search from your original computer first to release the license
- Reinstall on your new computer after.
If you replaced your computer, but forgot to uninstall on the old one, we can still release your license so you will be able to register it again on the new computer but it will stop working on the old computer.
To release your license, you simply need to write to us using the contact form.
You must provide the following informations in order to help our team proceed to your request :
- Old computer name
- New computer name
- Email address you used to purchase the software (in case you use multiple addresses or if your company used a different email to purchase licenses).
How to find the computer name?
In Windows 10 :
- Right click on the Windows start button
- Select "System"
- Under system specifications, you should see a label named "Computer name"